Thursday, February 03, 2011

Greyson Levi Newman


Greyson Levi Newman arrived on 2/2/11 at 11:49AM. He was 9 lbs and 22 inches in length. 18 hours of labor. Kim is exhausted. Greyson is doing well through all the routine new baby checks. There are so many of them.

Asher saw his baby brother for the first time last night. I got the first meeting on video tape. I was a little nervous, but we had been preparing Asher for months. Asher came walking in and went straight for Mama crawling up on the bed. The first thing he asked was if he could hold his baby brother. He did really well, except for trying to touch Greyson's eyes. I can't figure out what Asher's fascination is with the eyes. He was only able to stay for an hour and a half. He had a difficult time leaving. We had to pull him off the bed from watching Sponge Bob Square Pants and holding tightly his Mama's hand.

It's going to be a tough little road for him this year getting used to not having all the attention. I can't imagine what that's like for a two year old. I went through it when I was 3 and don't remember a thing, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

It looks we'll be able to leave today around 3pm and go home. All the doctors and nurses did a wonderful job at Sparrow, but with our lack of sleep and nurses coming and going all the time from the room, I can't wait for the peace and quiet of home. Did I just say peace and quiet?

No comments: